In every industry, there are marketing tools that help you propel your business or brand to the top. But they’re not the same for every industry. So, how can you pick the best and most effective internet marketing tools for you and your needs?
The first step is to learn what tools are out there, how they work, and why they are essential. Here at Ysias SEO we are going to help you and then you will be able to weed out the best and most effective internet marketing tools for you.
Some of these tools may already be familiar to you. Some examples include autoresponders, link-building systems, content management programs, SEO software or apps, affiliate software, and more.
Beyond that, there are many other tools, including some basic ones you may not have even thought about as tools, like your domain name. In this article, we will break down the most effective internet marketing tools and help you understand what will work for you.
Let’s explore the most powerful tools you need in your internet marketing arsenal:
- Keywords – This is where many people get confused or make things more complicated than they need to be. Keywords are just the words or phrases that someone types into a search box that ultimately lands them on your site. While there is a lot more that goes into complex SEO, the concept of keywords is simple enough. Choose keywords that properly match what you offer and then target successfully for those words.
- Domain – As mentioned above, your domain name is a big part of your marketing toolbox. In fact, it’s the very beginning of it all. You need to choose a domain name that accurately reflects your brand and what you have to offer. This is the home for your digital real estate, and you want the address to be easy to remember, easy to find, and appropriately related to what your brand is/does. Ideally, a short, memorable domain name is best. However, as the internet has grown and expanded, it can become increasingly challenging to get shorter names, so sometimes you need to get creative.
- Blogs and RSS feeds – While RSS feeds are not as commonly used as they were in previous years, blogs are still widely read and shared online. This is an easy, free tool that you can use to help draw more traffic to your site, establish yourself or your brand as an expert in your niche, and help you make more money.
- Articles – Articles do all the same things that blog posts do, but the difference is that your articles can be published on other sites besides your own. And this allows you access to an audience you would not otherwise reach.
- Email provider – Tools like Mailchimp or MailerLite allow you to collect email addresses, build a list, and send mailings or newsletters out to your list regularly. Your list is the backbone of your internet marketing business, and you must have a great email provider to allow you to manage this.
- Project management tools – Another tool you may want in your arsenal is a project management tool like Trello. This is even more important if you have team members you need to coordinate things with, but it can also be used by a solopreneur successfully. This tool allows you to log and track the different parts of your marketing campaign, tasks that need to be completed, and so much more. Create deadlines, assign tasks, and sync your calendars with project management tools.
- Social media management tool – Another handy tool will be something to schedule, plan and post to your social media accounts. Many of these tools, like Hootsuite, also come with analytics and data tracking now.
- Google Analytics – Traffic tracking tools like Google Analytics are essential to see who is visiting your site, when and why, which pages they click through, what keywords brought them there, and even other important info such as demographics of the visitors.
- SEO tools – You will also want to invest in some type of SEO service from an expert, or in SEO tools and plugins like those that can give you keyword stats, XML sitemap integration, automatic generation of META tags, or those that flag when you are missing essential SEO information such as tags on your images.
- Outsource tools – And finally, make yourself familiar with sites like Fiverr and Odesk or other marketplaces where you can hire help for tasks, as needed. As your business grows, there will be things you need to be done that you just don’t have the time or energy to do yourself. This is when it’s time to outsource.
If you want to reach your full potential in internet marketing, it’s essential to understand these simple sales techniques and how to use the most effective internet marketing tools to boost your business and your sales.